SERVPRO Can Help Remove Pompano Beach Mold Damage
Understanding the Threat of Mold Damage
Did you know that mold affects thousands of Florida homes every year? With mold's impact on your daily life, many do not leave its removal up to chance. Many homes and businesses in the city rely on our experienced remediation professionals to help when they suspect mold.
Is Mold a Threat?
Pompano Beach mold damage might be one of the more underrated threats to homes and businesses. With the damage it can do to your property, belongings, and comfortable living conditions, it directly opposes your everyday routines. Mold is likelier in some areas than others, including:
Could Mold Be in Your Home?
If you believe mold might exist in your home, you should act quickly to counteract its destructive effects. Unfortunately, it is not always a glaring sign when microbial growth begins. Homeowners should learn to recognize more subtle signals of possible mold development, such as:
- Odors – Odors can be a good indicator of mold development, especially when physical signs are absent. Musty smells are a byproduct of active colonies, so the stronger this malodor, the closer to the living organism.
- Wet Surfaces – Persistent dampness is a potential red flag for mold development in your house. Microbial colonies can form in as little as 48 hours, so long-standing wet surfaces have likely already become a hospitable environment for mold.
- Spotting - When mold is visible in its earliest stages, it appears as irregular spots where moisture has been a concern. These spots can be an array of colors like green, black, yellow, and orange.
What Happens During Remediation?
Every property is unique regarding cleaning up after mold damage or working to restore the home to its preloss condition. While individual steps might be necessary based on the impact on a residence, nearly all mold remediation approaches are specific priorities. These can include:
- Containing the Organism – The first step of microbial remediation is containment. With physical barriers and negative pressure, we can prevent colonization's continued spread and severity.
- Removing Airborne Spores – Air filtration can be important to mold and microbial cleanup. Clearing active spores in areas of the house with HEPA filtration and negative air machines prevents the situation from worsening.
- Removing Active Mold – Remediation involves several steps and stages, but most notably, specific actions get taken to eliminate active organisms using materials as hosts. Surface cleaning can work, but professionals must often utilize aggressive or abrasive tactics to finish the job.
- Neutralizing Harsh Odors – Strong, musty smells are a typical byproduct of mold development, so SERVPRO AMRT technicians must overcome this formidable malodor with neutralizing compounds, deodorization equipment, and surface cleaning strategies.
- Returning Contents – With the damage removed and the odors neutralized, contents and personal belongings from the house can be returned. Our move-back process involves a final assessment of damage before SERVPRO professionals place items where they belong in the house "Like it never even happened."
Repairing Post-Mold Structural Damage
Because mold organisms use hosting materials as a food source for the colony, the structural integrity of these elements begins to deteriorate the longer microbial growth is present. It is often necessary to rebuild or repair portions of a property after a mold damage event, especially when controlled demolition is needed to overcome the infestation. Our SERVPRO professionals have a general contractor license to help in this regard, allowing an easy transition from mold removal and cleanup to reconstruction and build-back services.
Pompano Beach mold damage is more common than many property owners might think. These situations are a continual concern for a coastal community's condos, homes, and businesses. Let our SERVPRO of Pompano Beach remediation team help by calling (954) 970-4942.