Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water damage is all to common in South Florida. As a homeowner, it is important to mitigate as much of the water damage as possible while waiting for help to arrive. Dealing with a water damage emergency in Pompano Beach means taking specific steps to ensure the safety of the people in your home as well as the home itself.
South Florida flooding must be handled as soon as possible. So, it is critical that you contact flooding restoration specialists immediately following any water damage. In the meantime, there are a few critical steps that can help to ensure that everyone remains safe.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (954) 970-4942
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.