Carpet Cleaning in Pompano Beach, Fl
Stains in a home's carpet can be unsightly, cause foul odors, and decrease the home's value. Don't let a stain ruin your carpet! SERVPRO of Pompano Beach are the local experts in carpet cleaning. Here are some of the techniques we can use to make it "Like it never even happened":
- Bonnet Cleaning (For light stains)
- Carpet is lightly sprayed with cleaning solution
- A rotary extractor with a "bonnet" pad is used to pull up soil from the carpet
- Hot Water Extraction (For moderate stains)
- Truck-mounted unit applies cleaning solution and hot water while simultaneously vacuuming carpet
- Showcase Premier Cleaning (For heavy stains)
- Heavy duty shampoo is applied to carpet
- Carpet is rinsed and extracted for deep cleaning
Hidden Water Damage: How to Spot it & What to do
SERVPRO of Pompano Beach uses state of the art equipment to find hidden moisture
Water damage can strike at any time, day or night. Sometimes it's as obvious as a visible pipe leaking water on to your kitchen floor. More often than not however, the source of water damage is hidden and so are the effects. Here are some helpful tips to spot water damage:
- Stains on the wall or ceiling
- Discoloration in drywall is a sign that there is previous or ongoing water damage. The stains may be yellow, brown, or faint outlines.
- A musky smell
- A musky smell may indicate the presence of mold due to water damage. Mold-especially in the humidity of South Florida- does not take long to grow in the right conditions
- Warping in the floor or baseboard
- When certain materials like wood soak up water, they buckle and warp. If there is visible warping or buckling of floors, there may be water underneath.
- Excessive utility bills
- If there are no other visible signs of water damage but you are still suspicious... check your water bill! Excessive charges on your water bill may indicate a damaged pipe that could be releasing water into your home.
If you believe your home is being affected by water damage, call SERVPRO of Pompano Beach for a professional consultation. We'll help make your home whole again!
Hurricane Season 2016
We're about halfway through the 2016 hurricane season and there has already been a lot of rain! Here are some facts about the 2016 hurricane season that you might find interesting:
- The 2016 hurricane season was predicted to be the strongest since 2012- when Hurricane Sandy struck
- Forecasters expect a 70% chance of having up to 17 named storms, with as many as 8 to become hurricanes, including up to 4 major hurricanes
- Historically, nearly 96% of major hurricanes (category 3,4,5) occur during the period between mid-August to mid-October
- Hurricane Gaston was the first major hurricane of the 2016 Atlantic Hurricane season. Fortunately, it poses no threat to land
The next few months will be the most likely time for a hurricane to strike. Make sure you are prepared by having an emergency plan and supplies. If the worst happens and a storm does strike that causes damage to your home, SERVPRO of Pompano Beach is ready to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Stay safe, everyone!
What makes the SERVPRO way superior?
SERVPRO of Pompano Beach: Any Job, Big or Small! We'll Make it Like it Never Even Happened.
When fire or water damage occurs in your home or busness, choosing the right people for the restoration job is very important. So what makes SERVPRO the nation's leading restoration company?
- We're faster to any size disaster
SERVPRO of Pompano Beach responds to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. As soon as you make contact with our dispacting team, our technicians are on their way to your property.
- We specialize in restoration
Unlike some restoration companies that have a select team dedicated to restoration, SERVPRO of Pompano Beach's staff specializes in water and fire damage cleanup and restoration. No job is too big or small for us!
- We restore before we replace
When your home experiences water or fire damage, the contents are almost always affected as well. Furniture, rugs, and family heirlooms may need special care to be restored to their original condition. SERVPRO of Pompano Beach takes every step to restore your affected contents rather than discarding them.
Hurricane Season is Coming!
2016 is foretasted to be the most active season since 2012
If you have been a Florida resident for a while, you know that summertime brings weekends at the beach, warm weather, tourists, and lots of rain. Specifically, summertime marks the beginning of the hurricane season.
Hurricane season in Florida spans from June to November each year. This is the period of time during the year when the seas are at their warmest and the air is the most humid, creating perfect conditions for a hurricane to develop.
For those who haven’t experienced a hurricane while residing in Florida, here are some facts about these destructive storms:
- Hurricanes can have wind speeds of over 160 mph and unleash more than 2.4 trillion gallons of rain a day
- 40% of the hurricanes that occur in the U.S. hit Florida
- The costliest hurricane to make landfall was Hurricane Katrina, a Category 5 storm that was famous for breaking levees in Louisiana and ravaging the state with floods. Damages costed an estimated $108 billion
Hurricanes are very destructive in nature, so it is important to be ready for them! If a hurricane is projected to affect your area, be sure to follow these tips to stay safe:
- Protect windows with plywood boards, or storm shutters
- Make sure you have plenty of fuel and water
- Have several days supply of food and water for each family member
- If called to evacuate, do so immediately
After a storm, if your home has experienced storm damage, be sure to call SERVPRO of Pompano Beach at (954) 970-4942 and let us help you make your home whole again! We are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Be safe this hurricane season!
Preventing a fire: 4 places to regularly check
A fire in your home can be devastating. Structural damage, loss of possessions, and displacement from your living space are just a few side effects of such an event. 90% of house fires and 85% of commercial fires are caused by human error.
This means it is worth your time to do routine checks around your home or business to prevent a tragedy. Here are 4 places to look for fire-starting risks in your home or business:
1. The electrical system
Look for damaged wiring, make sure your circuit breakers are in good condition, and be careful of signs of corrosion on any electrical elements.
2. Gas/propane system
Check vent stacks on gas powered water heaters, furnaces, and clothes dryers. Check pilot lights for dust buildup or improper installation
3. Air conditioning/heating systems
Clean/have your interior AC coils cleaned, and replace your air filters regularly. This keeps your system from working too hard and will also save you money on your energy bill!
4. Kitchen appliances
Keep your stove and oven clean of excess grease buildup, clean vent hoods regularly, and make sure your external (outside) vents are free of debris
Even with precautions, fires can happen! In the event a fire does occur in your home or business, remeber to call SERVPRO of Pompano Beach at (954) 970-4942. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, we will be there to help make it "Like it never even happened!"
Equipment Spotlight: Dehumidifier
Refrigerant dehumidifiers can remove all moisture from a home or business in a matter of days.
Once air movers have evaporated hidden moisture into the air, dehumidifiers eliminate that moisture.
Dehumidifiers work like sponges by pulling in moist, humid air and discharging dry, warm air. Most dehumidifiers work similarly to how air conditioners regulate humidity.
After a short time of these machines working together, your home or business will be free of moisture and the threat of dangerous mold.
The SERVPRO drying process is just another way that we help make it like it never even happened!
Equipment Spotlight: Air Mover
Air movers reduce drying time and help you get your home or business back to normal in no time.
Once the initial flood water has been removed from the home by the extractors, our team brings in air movers. Air movers and dehumidifiers work as a team to remove any lingering water inside the structure.
It is important that all water inside the structure is removed so that it doesn't promote mold growth.
Air movers are powerful fans that evaporate hiding water and bring it into the air. Once all this moisture is in the air, the dehumidifiers come in to eliminate it.
Equipment Spotlight: Flood Extractor
Our extractors can remove water from a room in a matter of minutes.
A flood in your home can be catastrophic if it isn't handled quickly and properly. When a flood occurs in your home, it's the water you can't see that causes the most damage. That's why it's important for all moisture to be extracted from the affected area to prevent mold growth and further damage. Let's take a look at one of the machines that SERVPRO of Pompano Beach uses to accomplish this task!
The first machine that SERVPRO of Pompano Beach uses to dry your home or business effectively is the flood extractor.
When our crew initiates their drying process, they bring in the flood extractor. This machine uses a powerful pump to extract water from floors, carpet, and upholstery. No matter the size of your flood, SERVPRO of Pompano Beach will extract water by the gallons with our extractors.